This is to certify that the accompanying wall clock is one of the clocks which were part of the original clock and buzzer system that was installed in the Supreme Court Building in 1935 during the final phase of construction. They were removed from service recently when the system was updated and expanded.
The original clocks, manufactured by Warren Telechron Company of Ashland, Massachusetts, are synchronous motor-driven clocks, with cases of spun bronze. They were connected to an automatic central control system which made it possible to reset them from a single location; the buzzers, which were secured to the backs of the clocks, provided signals of various court activites.
George M. White, FAIA
Architect of the Capitol