NDLS Communicator: Week of 10.19.20
The Latest News
- Fifth Circuit Judge Carl Stewart gives keynote address for Program on Ethics, Compliance & Inclusion
- Judge Amul Thapar to guest lecture at Notre Dame Law School
- Rick Garnett interviewed on the Pacific Legal podcast
- Carter Snead wrote an Op-Ed in the New York Post
- ND Law colleagues in the news about Amy Coney Barrett: Patricia O'Hara, Laura Wolk, '16 J.D., Stephanie Barclay.
- Veronica Root moderated a discussion titled “Exploring Racial and Social Injustice and Inequality in America” on the history, root causes, and modern-day implications of social and racial injustice in America
- Mark McKenna participated in the American University Law Review Federal Circuit Symposium Series: Trademark Law Oxford Debate.
- Rick Garnett was recently elected to American Law Institute.
- Monday, October 19: IP Lecture Series, Professor K.J. Greene, This is rescheduled from last week.
- Tuesday, October 20: Job Talk via Zoom
- PECI Book Series, "White Fragility' Book" Discussion
- School Vouchers in the Age of COVID-19 with Tim Keller, senior attorney at the Institute for Justice, and Nicole Garnett via Zoom
- Wednesday, October 21: Job Talk via Zoom
- 1000 Days, 1000 Homes, A Talk with Jim Kelly via Zoom
- Thursday, October 22: Open Access Week, Cultural Heritage, Technology, and Open Access via Zoom
- A Conversation with Professor Eskridge: Discussing Marriage Equality, Religious Freedom, and City of Fulton v. Philadelphia via Zoom, Moderated by Rick Garnett
- Friday, October 23: The Science Lab, Numbers Can Lie: Face Recognition with Roger Woodard, teaching Professor and director of Data Science MS Program via Zoom
- Private Law Workshop, Shyamkrishna Balganesh, University of Pennsylvania via Zoom
- A Conversation with Professor Bill Eskridge on Bostock and Statutory Interpretation via Zoom, Moderated by Sam Bray
- Launch meeting for Hamburg Honor Scholars Program via Zoom
- Saturday, October 24: Notre Dame at Pittsburgh
Around the Watercooler
Guide for Zoom and Webinars
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 10.19.20" (2020). NDLS Communicator. 134.