NDLS Communicator: Week of 03.15.21
The Latest News
- ND Law's Religious Liberty Initiative files amicus brief in support of Maine families in school choice case
- NPR's Marketplace cited the scholarship of Sam Bray
- Patrick Thomas quoted by CNN and Bloomberg
- Stephanie Barclay quoted in The Arizona Republic
- Sadie Blanchard appeared on the Business Scholarship Podcast in mid-March to discuss her paper "Contracts Without Courts or Clans: How Business Networks Govern Exchange."
- Student News: 3L Zach Pohlman, editor-in-chief of the Notre Dame Law Review has published, "Catholic Social Teaching and the Role of the Prosecutor" in the Creighton Law Review.
- Lloyd Mayer and Zach also published, "What Is Caesar's, What Is God's: Fundamental Public Policy for Churches" in the Harvard Journal of Law andPublic Policy
- Alumni News:Michael Sherwin ’98 J.D. , former acting U.S. attorney for the District ofColumbia, will talk about his challenging pursuit of justice in the wake of theJanuary 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
- In Memoriam: John F. “Jack” Sandner '68 J.D.
- Monday, March 15: The NIL Debate: Legislative and Policy Perspectives 5:00 p.m., zoom
- Education, Trauma, and Title IX, 5:00 p.m., zoom
- Tuesday, March 16: Prisoners of Politics: A Discussion with Rachel Barkow, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- IPTECH: Chaitanya Kanojia, founder and CEO of Aereo, 12:30 p.m.,zoom
- Junk Science Month: Ballistics, Patrick Pursley was exonerated after twodecades of imprisonment for a crime he did not commit. Please join Mr.Pursley and his attorney, ND Alum Kevin Murphy, as they discuss crimescene ballistics, 2:30 p.m., zoom
- Wednesday, March 17: Happy St. Patrick's Day! The January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol: Pursuing Justice andDefending Democracy,12:30 p.m., zoom
- IP in Practice: The Life of a Patent Litigator with Bill Zimmerman, KnobbeMartens, 5:00 p.m., zoom
- Thursday, March 18: What My Grandparents' Experiences in the Holocaust Taught Me Aboutthe First Amendment, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- Friday, March 19: Global Lawyering in Practice Series: Tax Law Between Common LawJurisdictions, 12:00 p.m., zoom
- Stephanie Rochel: GC of Capital Automotive, 12:00 p.m., zoom
- Law & Economics Seminar: Luigi Franzoni, University of Bologna,12:30p.m., zoom
- Junk Science Month: DNA Fingerprinting, 2:30 p.m., zoom
Around the Watercooler
Department Feature: Library Staff
- Lori Dutka, Financial Specialist, Technical Services Department
- Amy Shirk, Metadata Specialist
- Chris Reimers, Digital Resourses and Metadata Library Specialist
- Janet Rose, Circulation Desk Supervisor
- David Thornton, Collection Management Assistant
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 03.15.21" (2021). NDLS Communicator. 149.