NDLS Communicator: Week of 03.22.21
The Latest News
- Rick Garnett quoted by USAToday
- Patrick Thomas quoted byAssociated Press and USAToday
- Jimmy Gurulé spoke with Michael Sherwin '98J.D., about leading the prosecution of the Capitol rioters
- Judy Fox offers advice for thewebsite MoneyGeek.com
- Faculty News: On March 25 Nicole Garnett will participate in The Federalist Society bookreview, "Unshackled: Freeing America's K-12 Education System."
- Mary Ellen O'Connell will be speaking this week on autonomous weapons at the closing plenary of the American Society of International Law Annual Meeting.
- On March 18 Mary Ellen spoke about the India-China border dispute during theAtlanta Council on International Relations event "India-China Border Standoff:Economic and Strategic Implications."
- Student News: Congratulations to 3L May Gunther , who received the top oralist award at therecent Brooklyn regional Moot Court competition.
- Congratulations to Notre Dame Law School'sMoot Court team of intellectual property students
- Klau Center Summer Fellowships offervaluable hands-on legal training
- Tuesday, March 23: Global Lawyering in Practice Series: Litigation and Arbitration Abroad, 8:00 a.m., zoom
- "The Kids are Alright": A Discussion of Fulton v. City of Philadelphia, Jennifer Mason McAward and Kara Ingelhart of Lambda Legal, 12:30p.m., zoom
- Lecture with Paolo Carozza: "The Venice Commission and CurrentChallenges of Constitutionalism in Europe," 12:45 p.m., zoom
- Junk Science Month, 2:30 p.m., zoom
- Health Law Panel with ND Law Alumni, 7:00 p.m., zoom
- Wednesday, March 24: Combating the Financing of Terrorism in an Era of Public Corruption,12:30 p.m., zoom
- Thursday, March 25: Empowering Women through Religious Liberty, with panelists Rachel Benaim, Samah Norquist, Mona Polacca, and Kathleen Porter-Magee, moderated by Stephanie Barclay, 11:00 a.m.
- Global Lawyering in Practice Series: Real Estate Law Between the U.S.and Asia, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- Book review: Unshackled: Freeing America's K-12 Education System, 3:30 p.m., zoom
- Friday, March 26 Law & Economics Seminar: Lakshmi Iyer, University of Notre Dame,12:30p.m., zoom
- IP Lecture Series: Copyright and Distributive Justice, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- "Building an Anti-Racist Vocabulary: "Misuse of Civil Rights History," 12:45 p.m.
Around the Watercooler
Department Feature: Library Staff
- Beth Klein, Library Assistant III
Documenting your COVID-19 Vaccine
- Sharon Bacon
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 03.22.21" (2021). NDLS Communicator. 150.