NDLS Communicator: Week of 04.05.21
The Latest News
- Jimmy Gurulé talks to USA Today
- Nicole Garnett moderates a discussion for the Federalist Society
- Mark McKenna talks to the Wall Street Journal
- Faculty News: Carter Snead will deliver the Harold T. Shapiro Lecture on Ethics, Science, and Technology hosted by Princeton University's James Madison Program
- Lloyd Mayer will be part of a webinar through the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at IUPUI, "Charitable Crowdfunding: Who Gives, to What, and Why?"
- The Law School's new Religious Liberty Initiative hosted a panel discussion with women from different faith traditions, "Empowering Women through Religious Liberty," moderated by Stephanie Barclay
- The Religious Liberty Initiative filed a new brief in the Oak Flat case
- Rick Garnett was part of a group of scholars who filed an amicus brief in the same case
- Alumni News: Kristina Campbell '02 J.D., a professor at UDC David A. Clarke School of Law, wrote "The Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Failure to Protect Refugee Children on the U.S.-Mexico Border" for the Kroc Institute's new issue of Peace Policy
- Student News: JSD student and Nanovic Institute graduate fellow Clare O'Hare discussed the Irish Judges at the Center of the English Commercial Court at her Graduate Fellow Lecture
- Raymond Cordova, 3L, wrote a blog post for Shutts & Bowen LLP about his winter clerkship experience
- Monday, April 5: Suffolk County DA Talk, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- Tuesday, April 6: Faculty colloquium, Emily Bremer, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- Wednesday, April 7: Faculty Meeting,12:30 p.m., zoom
- Thursday, April 8: "The Origins of Mass Incarceration: The Courts and the 1960s Criminal Procedure Revolution?", 7 p.m. This event is part of the Catholic Criminal Justice Reform Network, a new initiative of the Lumen Christi Institute, where Rick Garnett is a board member.
- Friday, April 9: Law & Economics Seminar: Steven Shavell, Harvard Law, 12:30 p.m., zoom
Around the Watercooler
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- Documenting your COVID-19 Vaccine
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 04.05.21" (2021). NDLS Communicator. 152.