NDLS Communicator: Week of 04.26.21
The Latest News
- Notre Dame Law School announces new exchange program with Tel Aviv University
- A New Lease on Life
- Carter Snead, Dan Kelly, and Stephanie Barclay participate in Notre Dame Day
- Lloyd Mayer quoted by CNN, guest on Bloomberg's podcast, and interviewed for Notre Dame News
- Rick Garnett quoted by Deseret News
- Nicole Garnett spoke with National Catholic Reporter
- Stephanie Barclay was quoted by EarthBeat
- Faculty News: Stephanie Barclay will host "Protecting Oak Flat and Other Indigenous Sacred Places" at noon on Thursday, April 29, featuring Brigham Young University Law Professor Michalyn Steele, Suzan Shown Harjo, Stephen Pevar of the ACLU, and The University of Colorado Law School Professor Kristen Carpenter.
- Felicia Caponigri participated in the virtual event "Piracy Paradox in an Era of Disruption" at Cardozo in New York.
- Commencement Information
- Student News: Congratulations to 2L Eric Leis!
- Congratulations to 1L Moot Court Champions Courtney Klaus and Jeremy Wang
- Monday, April 26: Klau Center for Civil and Human Rights, "Justice for George Floyd? Unpacking the Verdict."
- Tuesday, April 27: Combating Child Slave Labor: A Discussion About Nestle v. Doe, 12:30 p.m., 1140 Eck Hall of Law, maximum capacity 42.
- "The Role of Islamic Law in US Courts," 12:45 p.m., zoom
- Wednesday, April 28: The Limitations of Positive Law in Bringing the Right to a Nationality to Full Effect, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- "Obergefell, Masterpiece Cakeshop, and Fulton: Harnessing v. Unleashing 'Armies of Compassion,'" zoom
- Thursday, April 29: Religious Liberty Initiative: Protecting Oak Flat and Other Indigenous Sacred Sites,12:00 p.m., zoom
- A Conversation with Jonathan Freiman, 2:00 p.m., 2171 Eck, maximum capacity is 14
- IP in Practice Series: Tech Transactions within University Settings, Featuring Tommy Martindale and Tim Flanagan, 5:00 p.m., zoom
- Friday, April 30: Law & Economics Seminar, 12:30 p.m., zoom
- An Introduction to Originalism and Textualism, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
Around the Watercooler
Department Feature: Administrative Assistants
- Julie Shook, Senior Administrative Assistant to the Dean
- Debbie Sumption, Faculty Administrative Assistant
- Beth Ferrettie, Office Coordinator
- Bethann (Beth) Smith, Faculty Administrative Assistant
- Kirsten Niederer, Faculty Administrative Assistant
- Carla Siler, Law School Administrative Assistant
- Maria Gonzalez-Diaz, Administrative Assistant of International and Graduate Programs
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 04.26.21" (2021). NDLS Communicator. 155.