NDLS Communicator: Week of 05.03.21
The Latest News
- Rick Garnett discusses Supreme Court Case with Notre Dame News
- Veronica Root Martinez published "The Role of Norms in Modern-Day Government Ethics"
- Faculty News: "Protecting Oak Flat and Other Indigenous Sacred Places" hosted by Stephanie Barclay and featuring Michalyn Steele, Stephen Pevar, and Kristen Carpenter. A discussion about the importance of adequate protections for Indigenous sacred places in North America, along with the current fight to save Oak Flat was held on April 29.
- On April 21, Stephanie Barclay discussed some of the latest research on the intersection of religious freedom, economics, and equality with Elizabeth Sepper, and Steven Collins both of the University of Texas School of Law.
- Travel Policy
- Monday, May 3: The Rise of Anti-Asian Violence: Taking a Stand, 5:00 p.m., 1140 Eck Hall of Law, zoom
- Thursday, May 6: National Day of Prayer, 12:00 p.m. - 12:15 p.m., zoom
- Friday, May 7: Graciela Olivarez Award. Celebrate the legacy of Graciela Olivarez, the first woman, and Latina graduate from Notre Dame Law School. This year’s recipient is Judge Eva Guzman of the Texas Supreme Court. 12:30 p.m., zoom
- Building an Anti-Racist Vocabulary: "Student Activism and Racial Justice."Four Notre Dame students and alumni will come together to discuss how racial justice can be addressed through student activism, 12:45 p.m., zoom
- Law & Economics Seminar, 2:30 p.m., zoom
- ASEAN Law and Regional Integration in Southeast Asia: Challenges to Rule of Law, 8:00 p.m., zoom
Around the Watercooler
Department Feature: Administrative Assistants
- Alicia Cummins, Faculty Administrative Assistant
- Anne Peterson, Administrative Assistant, Exoneration Justice Clinic
- Kristina Kusisto, Administrative Assistant
National Day of Prayer
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 05.03.21" (2021). NDLS Communicator. 156.