The Latest News
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett returned to ND Law last week to deliver the keynote address at the Notre Dame Law Review's 2022 Federal Courts Symposium.
- Lloyd Mayer interviewed on the Giving Review
- Sam Bray and Paul Miller publish a new article
- Emily Bremer writes for Yale Journal on Regulation
- Diane Desierto writes for EJIL:Talk!
- When It Comes to Clarence Thomas, Who Reflects Whom?
- Veronica Root Martinez presents at WLU Law
- Avishalom Tor co-hosts conference in Tel Aviv
- Warren Rees publishes new book
- Dean Cole and Max Gaston hosted a Black History Month panel last week with Alvin McKenna ’66 J.D. of Porter Wright, Judge Ann Claire Williams ’75 J.D. of Jones Day, and Paris Mayfield '21 J.D. of Duane Morris LLP.
- Lord David Alton, a member of the Religious Liberty Initiative’s advisory board, delivered the Nanovic Forum Lecture last week.
- ND Law’s IP students to compete in national finals of Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition
- Congratulations to 2L Joseph Gergel, who was named the next editor in chief of the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy.
- Tia Paulette '18 J.D. is featured in We are ND story about her work with the Law School's Exoneration Project which ultimately led to the establishment of the Law School's Exoneration Justice Clinic.
- Monday, February 21: IP Tips and Tricks Series: Fashion and Art Law, with Felicia Caponigri, 12:15 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- RLI Book Discussion: Why Do People Discriminate Against Jews?, 12:30 p.m., 3140 Eck Hall of Law
- Tuesday, February 22: "Becoming Ms. Burton" Book Club Discussion, 12:30 p.m., McCartan Courtroom.
- Wednesday, February 23: Global Lawyering: How are you a different kind of lawyer for the world?, 8 a.m., via Zoom
- As we look forward to the Notre Dame Football game in Dublin, Ireland in 2023, the International and Graduate Programs office will host a series of online events over the next 18 months for our Notre Dame lawyers all over the world.
- Faculty Coffee Chat : David Waddilove, 8:30 a.m., 1310 Biolchini
- Lunch Lecture: "'The Nature We Ought to Love': A Thomistic Perspective on the Moral Evils of Racism," 12 p.m., Oak Room, South Dining Hall
- "Southern Pride" Movie Screening, 12:15-2:30 p.m., 1140 Eck Hall of Law
- Faculty Colloquium, John Witt, Yale Law, 12:30 p.m., Faculty Meeting Room
- Evening with Magistrate Wilson: Family Law & the Courts, 5 p.m., 2108 Eck Hall of Law
- Empirical, Behavioral, and Experimental Analyses of Law conference, all day, Tel Aviv University and University of Notre Dame at Tantur
- Thursday, February 24: Program on Ethics, Compliance & Inclusion Speaker Series: Wendy Muchman, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law and former Chief of Litigation and Education at Illinois Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission, 12:30 p.m., via Zoom
- Why Clerk: A Professor Panel, with Sherif Girgis, Maria Maciá, Stefan McDaniel, and Francesca Matozzo, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- Friday, February 25: The Living Constitution: A Talk with Professor David Strauss, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- 72nd Annual Moot Court Showcase, 2 p.m., McCartan Courtroom The panel of judges include: Judge Paul Kelly, U.S. Court or Appeals for the 10th Circuit; Judge Thomas Kirsch, U.S. Court or Appeals for the 7th Circuit; and Judge John Kness, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- "Fences" Movie Screening, 6-9 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- Saturday, May 14: Commencement for the Class of 2022
- Saturday, May 28: Commencement for the Class of 2020 Diploma and Hooding Ceremony, 10 a.m., Location: TBD
Around the Watercooler
- Please share your news, milestones, and accomplishments here!
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 02.21.22" (2022). NDLS Communicator. 187.