The Latest News
- ND London Law Program hosting largest group of students in program’s history
- Sam Bray and Paul Miller's article reviewed
- Notre Dame experts reflect on aspects of the Olympics, from athletic performance to human rights violations
- Super Bowl sex trafficking myth is harmful, expert says
- Notre Dame community weighs in on Russia, Ukraine tensions
- Mark Telloyan sworn in as St Joseph Superior Court judge
- Congratulations to 2L Dillon Yang who was elected president of the National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
- Monday, February 14: Law Review Symposium: The Nature of the Federal Equity Power, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., McCartan Courtroom. This year’s Federal Courts Symposium will feature several panels of prominent legal scholars addressing these complex questions from historical, judicial, and academic perspectives. Justice Amy Coney Barrett will deliver the Symposium’s keynote address.
- Tuesday, February 15: Faculty Colloquium: Francisco Urbina, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 12:30 p.m., Faculty Meeting Room
- Paths to the Judiciary: Perspectives from the State and Federal Bench, 12:30 p.m., McCartan Courtroom. Judge Joan Larsen of the Sixth Circuit, Judge Lisa Branch of the Eleventh Circuit, and Judge Britt Grant of the Eleventh Circuit will discuss their experience as women in the judicial role at both the state and federal levels. Nicole Garnett will moderate.
- Human Trafficking Speaker Event: Ambassador John Richmond, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- 2022 Nanovic Forum with Lord Alton of Liverpool: "A View from the UK Parliament: What We Must Do to Combat Genocide," 5-6:30 p.m., Hesburgh Center for International Studies Auditorium
- Wednesday, February 16: BLSA Black History Month Panel, 12:30 p.m., 2130 Eck Hall of Law. A panel of Notre Dame Lawyers will discuss the sources of their inspiration, overcoming challenges, advice for law students and young attorneys, and what it means to be a “different kind of lawyer.” Max Gaston will moderate. Panelists include: Dean Marcus Cole, Alivin McKenna '66 J.D. (virtual), Judge Ann Claire Williams '75 J.D. (virtual), and Paris Mayfield '21 J.D.
- What is Health Law? HHS Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, 12:30 p.m., 1315 Biolchini
- Women in Law: Where Vocation, Motherhood, & Faith Meet, 5 p.m.
- Thursday, February 17: Program on Ethics, Compliance & Inclusion Speaker Series: Ajay K. Mehrotra, Executive Director American Bar Foundation, 12:30 p.m., via Zoom
- Clerking on Specialized Federal Courts, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law and via Zoom
- Friday, February 18: ACS President Russ Feingold Talks SCOTUS: Breyer’s Retirement, Court Reform & the Progressive Judicial Pipeline, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- Saturday, May 14: Commencement for the Class of 2022
- Saturday, May 28: Commencement for the Class of 2020 Diploma and Hooding Ceremony, 10 a.m., Danhke Ballroom in Duncan
Around the Watercooler
- Happy Birthday to Christine Holst-Haley!
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 02.14.22" (2022). NDLS Communicator. 188.