The Latest News
- Judge Kenneth Ripple transitions to emeritus status after 46 years of teaching ND Law students
- ND Law’s Exoneration Justice Clinic welcomes law students and undergraduates as 2023 summer interns
- Paul Miller has published a chapter, "Fiduciary Liability and Business Judgment" in the The Research Handbook on Corporate Liability by Martin Petrin and Christian Witting.
- Jimmy Gurulé was on Bloomberg Law podcast, “Trump and 18 Allies Charged in Georgia RICO Indictment."
- Derek Muller discussed the Supreme Court decision in Moore v. Harper on CPAN's Washington Journal.
- Rick Garnett was one of the First Amendment experts who filed an amicus brief in Vitagliano v. County Westchester
- Susan Azyndar discussed the importance of teaching Administrative Law Research in an article for the Yale Journal on Regulation Notice & Comment blog.
- Christine Venter presented a paper on "Writing for Treaty Bodies" at the Global Legal Skills Conference at Nottingham Law School in Nottingham, UK in August.
- LAMB to co-sponsor Second International Behavioral Public Policy Conference
- Farewell, Kevin Allen
- 2L Sudeep Kalkunte was awarded the 2024 Deborah J. Broyles Diverse Scholar Award by Reed Smith LLP.
- Students in the Notre Dame London Law Programme took two Magna Carta-themed field trips recently. They visited The British Library to see Magna Carta and traveled to Runnymede, where Magna Carta was sealed.
- Monday, August 28
Law & Economics Workshop: Carsten Gerner-Beuerle will present "Overreacting Algorithms in Financial Markets," 12:30 p.m., Faculty Meeting Room
- Tuesday, August 29
Judge Amul Thapar, U.S. District Court for the Sixth Circuit, will discuss his new book, "The People's Justice: Clarence Thomas and the Constitutional Stories that Define Him," 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- Wednesday, August 30
First-Gen Professionals panel, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
Professors Nicole Garnett, Julian Velasco, Sadie Blanchard, Stephen Smith, and Randy Kozel will participate.
- Friday, September 1
Supreme Court Recap: Rick Garnett and Jeff Pojanowski will talk to students about the major cases of the previous SCOTUS term and answer questions, 12:30 p.m., McCartan Courtroom
Seeking Asylum at the Eastern Borders of the European Union with Dr. Tomasz Sieniow, President of the Foundation Board, The Rule of Law Institute, Lublin, 12:30 p.m., 1315 Biolchini
Former Notre Dame Law Professor Vincent Rougeau, now the president of the College of the Holy Cross, will give the first installment of the The Klau Institute for Civil and Human Rights “Building an Anti-Racist Vocabulary” series. He will speak on the topic of “Catholic Institutions and Race," 12:30 p.m., via zoom.
- Saturday, September 2
Notre Dame vs. Tennessee State, 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 4
Classes in session, staff holiday
- Tuesday, September 5
President’s Faculty Address: A Roundtable on the Strategic Framework, 4:00 p.m., Leighton Concert Hall, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 08.28.23" (2023). NDLS Communicator. 251.