The Latest News
- Nell Jessup Newton returns to ND Law after serving as interim law dean at Miami and Wake Forest
- ND Law Professor Derek Muller elected to American Law Institute
- In his chapter for his upcoming book "Methodology in Private Law Theory, Paul Miller examines the relationship between formalist interpretive methodology and ideals of legality and the rule of law.
- Sam Bray has written a new chapter for the upcoming work "Interstitial Private Law" set to be released later this year. Bray's chapter examines the history and current state of the "equity will not" doctrines in law.
- Should religious organizations be subject to the same political limitations as charities to maintain their tax-exempt status? Lloyd Mayer examines the arguments for this regulation in his latest paper for Notre Dame Law Review.
- The amicus brief that Rick Garnett and other legal experts filed in the Vitagliano v. County Westchester case was quoted in The Tablet article, "Fourteen States, Others Back N.Y. Pro-Life Sidewalk Minister’s Court Case."
- David McIlroy's recently published article, “No Point Preventing Fraud?," in Butterworth's Journal of International Banking and Financial Law is available.
- The Notre Dame Program on Law and Market Behavior will co-sponsor the Second International Behavioral Public Policy Conference this week at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Avishalom Tor will be one of the speakers on the Digital Issues panel on September 6.
- Tuesday, Sept. 5
Health Law Society: Transactional Panel, 12:30 p.m., 1310 Biolchini
President’s Faculty Address: A Roundtable on the Strategic Framework, 4:00 p.m., Leighton Concert Hall, DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
- Thursday, Sept. 7
Tom Berg, University of St. Thomas School of Law, will discuss his book, "Religious Liberty in a Polarized Age," with Stephanie Barclay, Rick Garnett, and Sherif Girgis, 12:30 p.m., 1130 Eck Hall of Law
- Saturday, Sept. 9
Notre Dame at NC State
Around the Watercooler
- The ND Law Student Bar Association’s 2023 version of The Shirt is available.
- Thanks to everyone who came out for donuts last Friday morning to say goodbye to our marketing communications director Kevin Allen!
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 09.05.23" (2023). NDLS Communicator. 254.