NDLS Communicator: Week of 01.28.19
The Latest News
Jennifer Mason McAward and Cameasha Turner speak at MLK Jr. celebration luncheon
Incoming law dean brings 'lifelong love for Notre Dame'
Patrick Thomas selected to Indiana State Bar's 2019 Leadership Development Academy
Peking University Law School appoints Paul Miller to global faculty
Christine Venter awarded research support grant from ND Research
RSVP: A conversation with Nina Totenberg
This Week's Events
- January 31: Faculty Colloquium, Joseph Seiner, University of South Carolina School of Law
- SCELF: A Talk with Ed Edmonds and Claire Leatherwood Slebonick
- February 3-8 will be the anniversary week for the Law School's 150th year! Please join us for programming throughout the week and especially for service projects on Friday.
Around the Watercooler
- Sunday, February 3 — Mass and dinner The week will begin with Mass at 4:30 p.m. in St. Thomas More Chapel, followed by a casual buffet dinner at 5:15 p.m. in Eck Commons. Please RSVP here for the dinner. Monday,
- February 4 — Coffee cart Enjoy complimentary coffee in the morning in Eck Commons. American Espresso will be serving from 8:30-10:30 a.m. We will be kicking off the Law School's 150th-anniversary celebration the week of February 3. All faculty and staff members are welcome and encouraged to participate in these activities. Our goal is to build community between our students, faculty, and staff and we hope to do that by coming together at our various events, especially our service projects.
- Tuesday, February 5 — ND Law merchandise Law School staff members will hand out free ND Law merchandise in Eck Commons. Wednesday,
- February 6 — Free lunch Everyone in the Law School will be treated to a free lunch. The menu will include Chinese, Italian, and Mexican food.
- Thursday, February 7 — Nina Totenberg Nina Totenberg will talk about her career covering the Supreme Court and legal affairs for NPR. Randy Kozel will moderate the discussion. RSVP here.
- Friday, February 8 — Day of service We are closing the week with a variety of two-hour service projects at local nonprofits. All faculty and staff members are encouraged to participate in one of these projects during the workday. Staff will not lose pay or vacation/sick time by doing so, but please coordinate with your supervisor before signing up for a project. Click here to see the list of projects and to sign up.
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 01.28.19" (2019). NDLS Communicator. 58.