NDLS Communicator: Week of 10.28.19
The Latest News
- Mary Ellen O'Connell in the news
- Sam Bray mentioned in SCOTUS Blog
- Rick Garnett writes for Real Clear News
- Patrick Corrigan in Bloomberg
- Advocates spread the word about Indiana expungement law
- 'What Would You Fight For?' features client of IP & Entrepreneurship Clinic
- ND Law students win top prizes in annual religious liberty writing contest
- A.J. Bellia looks to international law to reconcile federalism and textualism in a new paper, "The International Law Origins of American Federalism," forthcoming in Columbia Law Review.
- Veronica Root Martinez hosted a roundtable on equity with scholars from across the country last week at Notre Dame's Chicago office.
- Mary Ellen O'Connell discussed her new book, "The Art of Law in the International Community," at Boston College Law School last week.
- Mark McKenna and the ND Technology Ethics Center hosted The Deepfake Conference on October 18. It was mentioned in the Axios Future newsletter.
This Week’s Events
- Monday, October 28: IP Lecture Series: Ken Germain, Senior Counsel at Wood Herron & Evans
- SBA Professor Series: Tricia Bellia
- A Conversation with Institute for Justice Senior Attorney, Bob McNamara
- Tuesday, October 29: Remain in Mexico: How Tent Courts Fail Asylum Seekers and Abandon Due Process with Lisa Koop
- Faculty Visitor, Cree Jones, University of Chicago Law School
- Women of Color in Law with Cecilia Monterrosa and Roxanne Johnson
- Wednesday, October 30: Faculty Meeting
- Transitioning from Private to Government and Back Again with Laura Ranum from Sotos Law Firm
- Thursday, October 31: Faculty Visitor, Talia Gillis, Harvard Law
- China's Legal System with Yang Ming, Peking University
- The Pernicious Doctrine of Stare Decisis: An Enthusiastic Dissent from a Ridiculous Idea with Michael Stokes Paulsen, St. Thomas School of Law, and Randy Kozel
- Come learn and celebrate Día de los Muertos with HLSA and the SBA Spirit and Diversity & Inclusion Committees
- Law School Trick or Treating
- Friday, November 1: Law & Economics Seminar: Peg Brinig
- Saturday, November 2: Notre Dame v. Virginia Tech
Around the Watercooler
- Fall Break Kickoff Lunch
- Happy Birthday!
- Benefit selection deadline is Nov. 1
- Caregivers Support Group
Notre Dame Law School, "NDLS Communicator: Week of 10.28.19" (2019). NDLS Communicator. 91.